...

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

For me, Lara Jean was a lot more likable in P.S. I Still Love You. It was quite noticeable that she matured greatly, which came in handy throughout the novel. In book one I felt as though Lara Jean was a little too naive and that she acted much younger than her age, but her character definitely grew and developed throughout the story and I believe that’s probably because she started listening to her head and not just her heart.

Yet, at the same time Peter and Lara Jean certainly didn't have the picture perfect relationship that is all too common in Young Adult fiction these days. It was realistically flawed as were Peter and Lara Jean as characters. They had their fair share of high and lows which only contributed to the honesty and realism of their romance.

These highs and lows were often quite big, Lara Jean has some fairly stressful complications thrown at her but I think Lara Jean handled those situations really well. P.S. I Still Love You also discusses some of the double standards between girls and boys and included some feminist talk, which I think is really important so i’m glad Jenny Han went there.

I really admired that Lara Jean didn’t change herself once she was in a relationship, nor did she abandon her family or friends. She kept her curious and sweet nature and never compromised her values. I also love that Peter never made her do anything she was uncomfortable with, he was a much better guy than I thought.

Lara Jean's family were majorly present throughout the whole book. This was a relief as parents often go missing in YA. Also, Lara Jean's bond was one of my favourite focuses in book one so I was glad Jenny Han continued to write in some sweet family moments rather than making her grow distant once she got a boyfriend.

So... I would recommend this book. It's a Charming and adorable young adult contemporary that won't disappoint the fans of book one, To All the Boys I've Loved Before.









Details:
Release Date: May 26th 2015
Pages: 337
Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #2
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Source: Purchased at National Bookstore




2 comments:

  1. I love Jenny Han’s Summer series and Burn for Burn series, and I’ve heard a lot of great things about the first book in this one, so I can’t wait to read it! Glad you enjoyed it for the most part. Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you enjoy reading them too :) btw, i also Love Jenny Han's Burn for Burn series and her Summer series is on my TBR this year.

      Delete

~ South Korea Vlogs ~

~ Singapore Vlog ~

~ Taiwan Vlogs ~