...

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong (Darkest Powers Trilogy #1)



This is my first Kelley Armstrong book which was given to me by my aunt and uncle as a gift for my birthday together with her other book called The Gathering which by the way is the first book also on her another trilogy.

The first sentence in the book is "Mommy forgot to warn the new babysitter about the basement." and in my mind I'm hearing the sounds of like when a horror/suspense movie starts. It kinds of frighten me because I was reading it at night. A creepy basement, a mysterious past, an evil babysitter, and it all took place in a flashback? Uh-huh! yes, I’m in.

For me, this book has a slow start and it really didn’t get a grip on me until halfway through but the pace picked up more after the halfway point, giving the spooks and thrills you expect from a ghost story. But don’t worry it's much more than a ghost story. What I like about this book is that it's about some paranormals that I haven’t read about or even heard of before anywhere else and all of the characters are described so vividly, which is nice because it’s written in the first person.

The characters that Chloe interacts with in Lyle house have much to contribute with lots of surprises up their sleeve. With plenty of snarkyness, intelligence and intrigue. They are so mysterious because you learn a bit about them, but you're still not given all the details.


Being patient through the slow parts really will pay off. This book kept me interested to find out more and more. Chloe has so much to learn and asks so many questions in this novel that I kept reading to find out if they were going to be answered. And I could not believe the ending. Things were just getting so interesting and then it suddenly ended.













Details:
Series: Darkest Powers Trilogy #1
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Fantasy
ISBN13: 9780061450549
Published: March 31st 2009
(first published July 1st 2008)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Get it on:









No comments:

Post a Comment

~ South Korea Vlogs ~

~ Singapore Vlog ~

~ Taiwan Vlogs ~